Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb colossal shrimp (6-8 count, if possible)
- 2 large lemons, juice of
- 2 -3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Fire up the outdoor grill-- it will need to be very hot.
- Shell and devein shrimp, leaving shell on tail section; butterfly the shrimp from the top.
- Marinate the shrimp in a mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and the juice from one lemon for 30 minutes, turning occasionally- do not over-marinate, or shrimp will toughen.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and blend with the juice from the second lemon.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and place on the HOT grill- if grill is not extremely hot, the shrimp will stick (use foil if the grill will not sufficiently heat up).
- Baste with butter/lemon juice mix.
- Turn shrimp once and baste again.
- Shrimp are done when they have lost translucence.
- Serve hot.