Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a Christmas staple in my house. I remember standing on a chair and making these with my mother when I was probably 5 or 6. They're easy, yummy, and keep well for an extended period of time. They also freeze well. Prep time is set up time, Cook time is how long it takes to get the mixture in the pan. (I live at high altitude, this will be slightly shorter at lower altitudes)
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) package caramel-flavored bits
- Bring syrup and sugar to just shy of a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour over rice crispies and mix well.
- Pat into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Frost with melted chocolate and caramel chips that have been mixed together.
- Cool and cut.
- Tips: Put the rice crispies in a large pan (a canner?) that you have greased before adding the peanut butter mixture.
- Also put some butter on your fingers before patting the mixture into the cake pan.
Great recipe. I can understand why these are a staple at Christmas time. So quick and easy, but yet very yummy. This will go on my Christmas list also. The only thing I did different was to frost with the chocolate and sprinkle Heath Bit o Brickle Bits on top instead of Caramel flavored bits. I just used what I had on hand.
Oh!! these were great! I couldn't stop eating them. I only made half of the recipe since its just DH and I here. He loves sweets! and this hit the spot. Only change I made was I used chunky peanut butter cause thats all I had on hand. Very easy to make and one that I know I will make many of times. Thanks for sharing this great treat!!
I pulled this recipe out of my Christmas folder and realized I had not reviewed the recipe last year. I had " excellent" written on the page. I made the recipe again and again realized how wonderful, tasty and easy it is. I sprayed the large bowl with Pam before adding the peanut butter mixture. Great Tip, thank-you. I also did lightly butter the 9x13 pan. For the carmel-flavored bits I used the Skor toffee pieces. Thank-you for this wonderful recipe.