Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter& sugar.
- Add oatmeal, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Pat dough into a 13x9x3/4" cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- While bars are baking, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together.
- Spread chocolate/peanut butter mixture on slightly cooled dough.
- Cut into bars when cool.
I wish I could say I tried these, but I didn't because I made them for an office party my wife had at work. Everyone at the office wanted the recipe so they were evidently well liked. Thanks!
Family favorite. My recipe is just slightly different - 1 c chocolate chips and only 1tsp vanilla, but otherwise the same and SO good.
These are my all-time favorite cookie/candy. I have been making these since I was a kid. I never understood why they are called Oh Henry bars. They dont' taste like the candy bar Oh Henry to me. These are chewy, crunchy and sweet. A wholesome tasting layer topped with a crunchy sweet layer. You must try these!