Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cooling and nutritious. Make it for snacks on the go!
- 6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped (or green)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups tomato juice (low sodium) or 4 cups tomato sauce (low sodium)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Blend slightly, to desired consistency.
- Place in non-metal, non-reactive storage container, cover tightly and refrigerate overnight, allowing flavors to blend.
Gorgeous recipe! I made it about 36 hours in advance. The flavors are lovely, fresh, and healthy. I did omit the jalapeno (just a personal preference). My husband devoured this all weekend. Thanks!
Great gazpacho! As did the other reviewer, I made it the day prior and let sit overnight. Wow, the tastes had blended together perfectly. I used some pretty good tomatoes from the store, so although it wasn't summer, it sure tasted like it was. I think the idea here is just be patient, let all the seasonings and veggies do their business, and devour! I did! Made for my PAC Baby 2011.
I wanted to take this for lunch so I made this last night and allowed it to set overnight. Before I put it in the refrig last night I tasted it and thought, "Hmmm... Not to bad..." When I got it out for lunch a while ago... It is delicious! This deserves more than 5 stars. The flavors melded together and fit perfectly. I was worried that the addition of olive oil would make it heavy but it wasn't at all. I can't wait to serve this again! It will be great for a hot summer day! Thanks Farm Girl, for posting such a wonderful recipe!!