Loves Bakin's Note:
This is super simple recipe my aunt used to make for us when we were kids. It's sweet and chewy. I'll bet you can come with lots of options to 'jazz' it up like letting chocolate chips melt on the top once the cooking is complete.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the oats and brown sugar in a 9x9 glass pan.
- 2Melt the margarine and corn syrup in a glass container in the microwave.
- 3Mix the margarine/corn syrup into the oat mixture until combined.
- 4Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- 5Stir and press into pan.
- 6Microwave on high for another 2 minutes.
- 7Optional - spread 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top and spread once melted.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Squares
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g