Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is super simple recipe my aunt used to make for us when we were kids. It's sweet and chewy. I'll bet you can come with lots of options to 'jazz' it up like letting chocolate chips melt on the top once the cooking is complete.
- Mix together the oats and brown sugar in a 9x9 glass pan.
- Melt the margarine and corn syrup in a glass container in the microwave.
- Mix the margarine/corn syrup into the oat mixture until combined.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir and press into pan.
- Microwave on high for another 2 minutes.
- Optional - spread 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top and spread once melted.