Recipe by sahmiam
I got this recipe from a container of Dannon Light & Fit yogurt. I made the muffins for breakfast, and every last one of them was gone by supper! Posting here so I can throw away the yogurt lid. :)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (I went a little heavy on this(I love cinnamon!)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (I omitted these, since I was using strawberry yogurt)
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (recipe was written using Dannon Light & Fit) or 1 cup strawberry nonfat yogurt (recipe was written using Dannon Light & Fit)
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (I used olive oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease 1/2 cup muffin tin or use paper liners.
- In a bowl, stir together, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and raisins.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and yogurt.
- Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter among ten of the muffin cups and bake on middle rack for 22-25 minutes.
- Yield: 10 muffins.
- Note: As stated above, I omitted the raisins from this recipe, and we didn't miss them at all. Also, I added maybe 1-2 tablespoons of milk, just because the batter seemed a bit "dry." Finally, I did get 12 muffins out of this recipe, not 10. I don't know if my muffin tin has smaller cups than stated, or if the added milk "stretched" the batter a bit more.