Recipe by Amber of AZ
This recipe I offered to post for Spooky Girl. We both have lower fat eating in common. I got it from a recipe card Weight Watchers used to hand out before flex points. These cookies are 3 points for two of them. Should make 24 cookies and yield 12 servings.
Top Review by Florol82
I had been looking for an oatmeal cookie recipe that didn't use baking soda because of DH being on a low sodium diet. I made these tonight we loved them. I didn't get 24 cookies, but I think that was because DH was eating the dough before I could bake them.Thank you for posting this.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine both sugars, margarine, egg and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in flour and oats; fold in rasins.
- Drip mixture by scant tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until puffed up and golden brown around the edges, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.