Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe online and it is now a family favorite!
Make and share this Oatmeal Cream Pies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla, incorporate fully.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly into the butter mixture until fully mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix by hand (if using an electric mixer).
- Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop small teaspoons of dough into parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on cookie sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Continue until all dough is baked.
- For the filling: Cream butter and cream cheese in an electric mixer until combined.
- Add marshmallow, vanilla, and milk and mix well. Slowly add powdered sugar a 1/4 at a time until a thick consistency is reached.
- When cookies are cool spread filling to the flat side of one cookie and top with another cookie.