Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe online and it is now a family favorite!
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla, incorporate fully.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly into the butter mixture until fully mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix by hand (if using an electric mixer).
- Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop small teaspoons of dough into parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on cookie sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Continue until all dough is baked.
- For the filling: Cream butter and cream cheese in an electric mixer until combined.
- Add marshmallow, vanilla, and milk and mix well. Slowly add powdered sugar a 1/4 at a time until a thick consistency is reached.
- When cookies are cool spread filling to the flat side of one cookie and top with another cookie.
These were good, but the filling was really sweet for me. I got 14 pies. I made another recipe similar to this one and wished I had doubled the filling. With this one, start out with one batch and then see if you want more. They spread out on the pan, so watch how you space them. I left out the cocoa and chocolate chips.