Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Cuisine At Home cookie book 2006. Can be made with dried cherries or other dried fruit as well.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 ounces good quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk flour, soda, powder, and salt together, set aside.
- Cream butter, both sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and mix until completely blended.
- Fold in oats, crandberries and white chocolate until evenly distributed.
- Drop dough in 3 T. mounds onto cookie sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden but still a little moist.
These are my DH's favourite cookies. The combination of white chocolate and dried cranberries is great. I cut the sugar and brown sugar down to 1/2 cup each, and used half whole wheat flour and they turn out great.
What a great cookie recipe! My granddaughters would not let me put in dried fruit, so I substituted one cup of chopped walnuts and that worked out well. I will try different kinds of dried fruits when I make these again. They made four dozen cookies and they are crisp and very flavorful. Thanks, Carole in Orlando