Recipe by Crazycook in PA
Absolutely superb, oatmeal cookies made with white chocolate, peanuts and Werther Original chocolate covered caramels are to die for! They are slightly crispy with an amazing flavor!
Top Review by Beth Hibben
These are delicious! I made them and took some to a volunteer event. The other volunteers loved them and one lady called them "the devil" because she could not resist them. Over the Christmas holiday our guest had some and "loved them". They asked me to make more! There are a lot of ingredients and steps to making them, but it's worth it.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups oats, uncooked
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 1⁄2 ounces werther's original chocolate covered caramels, chilled and chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and medium speed until creamy.
- Add sugars and beat well.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well blended and creamy.
- Process oats in a blender or food processor until finely ground.
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, soda and salt and add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chopped candies, white chocolate and peanuts.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2 inch balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute on sheets.
- Remove to wire racks to further cool.