Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
A cookie in biscotti form!
Top Review by theauthenticnut
Yummy!! I made a few changes including leaving out the cardamon, increasing vanilla to 1 1/2 teaspoons, and leaving out the raisins and topping them with additional rolled oats before baking. They smell amazing and I would definitely make them again!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat eggs, adding sugar gradually, at medium speed until smooth and light, 1-2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture and raisins.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto baking sheet and, with well floured hands, form into rectangular logs about 1/2 inch high. Sprinkle a few oats on top for decoration. Length and width are your perogative. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Slice logs into 1/3-1/2 inch thick slices (1-1.5 cm) and lay flat on baking sheet.
- Lower oven temperature to 300°F Bake sliced cookies for 15 minutes, flip them and bake for an additional 15 minutes. If cookies are not firm, depending on how thickly they were sliced, turn again and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.