Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found in a "Gifts in a Jar" cookbook. Layer dry ingredients in order given, packing down after each addtion, in a wide-mouth quart jar (trust me, it won't fit otherwise =) ). Makes a whole bunch so I froze extras for a fast breakfast. NOTE: Yes it is 1 T. + 1 1/2 t. baking powder.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup instant milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups water
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle over medium low heat.
- In a large bowl, place the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the wet ingredients.
- Pour into the dry mix thoroughly, creating the batter.
- Pour by 1/4 cups onto hot griddle.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown, flipping when the surface begins to bubble.