Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A favorite cookie! serving size is estimated as it really depends on size of cookies.
Top Review by American mom in Japan
The recipe was GREAT. I just threw in a few extras for my own =) I used whole wheat flour, came out GREAT! I also added a full cup of coconut, and 2 tbsp of flax seed, and a vanilla bean! YUMMY! The kids and I ate a whole dozen together =) Then I sent the rest of them off w/ my hubby to work the next day. All the guys (military) LOVED them and I have meny requests for more! Thanks for a great one!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups large-flake oats (not instant or quick oats)
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream the butter with sugars until fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs; beat well.
- In another bowl, blend together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and oats; mix well to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture along with the chocolate chips and coconut; mix well to combine.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (longer for a crispier cookie).
- Remove to a rack to cool.