Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made these cookies for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookie S'mores. You can use all raisins or all chips.
- 1⁄2 lb Smart Balance butter spread, for baking
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (replaces 1 cup sugar if you want)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oatmeal (or old fashioned)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream sugars and smart balance together till creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla beat in well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and mix well into the cream mixture.
- Stir in oats,chips and raisins.
- Place by rounded tablespoonfuls on to an ungreased cookie sheet pans.
- Bake 9-12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for a minute then remove and place on wire rack and cool.
Wow, these cookies are really, really good! They are very oaty, full of flavour and just super yummy! The chocolate chips add a nice crunch to them. I like the addition of cinnamon and vanilla. I think it makes for a really nice flavour. I quartered the recipe and ended up with 6 big cookies. I used regular sugar and butter as thats what I had on hand. I made these ages ago, but somehow just now realised that I had forgotten to review them. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing another definite keeper with us, ~Rita~!
These turned out good! I overcooked my first batch and tried to take the second off the baking sheet too soon, but it didn't affect the flavor! These were a little less sweet than similar cookies. Thanks Rita! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.