Recipe by beckerd
These muffins come from the Parish House Inn Bed and Breakfast. They are moist and freeze well! Kids really enjoyed the butterscotch flavor.
Top Review by Anissa Wolf
Great flavor, love the texture - I also used the quick oats as per notes and it turned out great. They were easy but really different and special. Quite sweet and rich (but I love that as it means I don't feel the need to add butter or jam or anything extra).
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, cooled (1/4 pound)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine oats, buttermilk, and brown sugar. Set aside and let stand for 1 hour.(See note at bottom).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine melted, cooled butter and eggs. Add to oat mixture.
- Sift flour,baking powder,salt,and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to oat/egg mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched.
- Remove from pan and cool a bit before serving.
- NOTE: I used quick oats in place of the old fashioned. I let it sit for maybe 5 minutes while I sifted the dry ingredients together. The muffins turned out good!