Recipe by Geema
Oatmeal is a healthful way to start your day and these muffins are full of nutrition and good taste.
Top Review by firealarmqueen
I really wished I liked these, but I just didn't. I don't know what I did wrong, but my muffins were very dry and had a somewhat bitter aftertaste remniscent of baking soda or powder (?). I made these in the hopes of tempting my little one into eating a healthy breakfast...she couldn't get past taking a bite (spit it out). I'll eat them, cause I can't stand to see them wasted, but I don't think I'll make them again. UPDATE: I've since decided my AP flour was contaminated w/ self-rising and causing bitterness everywhere...this recipe may be better than I made it!
- 236.59 ml rolled oats, not instant
- 236.59 ml apple, coarsely grated
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt or 118.29 ml flavored yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml walnuts or 78.07 ml pecans, chopped
- 158.51 ml maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats, apple, maple syrup, yogurt, egg and oil in a medium sized bowl.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nuts.
- Fold the liquid ingredients into flour mixture until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into 12 large paperlined muffin tins.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.