Oatmeal is a healthful way to start your day and these muffins are full of nutrition and good taste.
- 1 cup rolled oats, not instant
- 1 cup apple, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup flavored yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts or 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- Combine oats, apple, maple syrup, yogurt, egg and oil in a medium sized bowl.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and nuts.
- Fold the liquid ingredients into flour mixture until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into 12 large paperlined muffin tins.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.