Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice vegetarian burger
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or 1⁄2 cup tamari
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, ground
- 4 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- Bring all ingredients except the oats and nuts to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and stir in 4.
- 5 cups rolled oats and nuts.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Let cool.
- Fill a rectangular 13 x 9 non-stick baking pan with the mixture.
- Total cooking time is 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Then use a utensil that won't scratch your pan to cut the burger into 12 square burgers and flip them over.
- Cook another 20 minutes.
- Serve in buns or with gravy and rice.
- Can be frozen.
This burger was delicious! I added some green pepper cause we have a bunch around the house. So good! everyone in the house loved them! I think I have found a replacement for the premade veggie burgers I have to buy!
A very good vegetarian burger which was perfect for the burgers we had for dinner. Easy to make and foolproof.