Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These delectable looking turkey dogs are super easy to prepare & are even more delicious than they look! If you've ever had Carl Budding sliced turkey, that is exactly what these guys taste like only so much better because they are all natural with no nitrates or preservatives. P.S. These are also great for Halloween & fooling your loved ones into thinking Fido left them a special present.
- 1 (12 count) packagewellshire farms precooked all natural turkey hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns (if you can get Whole Foods buns, they are the best!)
- To achieve the fine grilled appearance, heat outdoor grill.
- Toss on the turkey dogs & grill for 15 minutes or desired doneness, turning often.
- Place in buns, which could also be toasted on the grill & enjoy!
I admit, I'd much rather have charred mine into submission as the original photo depicts, but alas, my husband was too hungry to wait for that stage. This was my first venture into turkey dogs and, while they tend to be more rubbery than beef or pork (or the kitchen sink version), the flavor is great and if you cook them until they're no longer recognizable, well, you have yourself a grand dog! (granddog?) We had them on toasted buns with regular old yellow mustard and really enjoyed them. :)