Cheesy Hot Dogs
photo by LAURIE
- Ready In:
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices American cheese
- Cook hot dogs in boiling water until done.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non stick spray.
- Spread butter on both sides of each piece of bread.
- Put a slice of cheese on one side of bread.
- Place a hot dog in the middle.
- Fold up the sides.
- Pin with a toothpick.
- Then lay hot dog sandwiches side by side in the baking pan.
- Bake until bread is toasted brown and cheese is melted.
- Watch carefully so they don't burn.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are a fun way to make lunch for the little ones - and tasty, too (especially since I put some jalapeno on mine...mmmm!). The only thing I didn't care for was the bread on the underside stayed buttered and didn't get brown, so it was a bit slimy to eat. Aside from that, it was easy to make and a fun change for all.
These were great but not exactly what I thought they would be. I did use Texas Toast and folded them on the diagonal. Mine took 20 minutes for the bread to toast. Next time I will not totally cook the hot dog before hand and try to broil them slightly as I wanted a melty, cheesy hotdog in a type of grilled bread. Something to work on but as they are they are very good! Thanks Marie!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.