Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Tex-Mex Hot Dogs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The title's a mouthful, but this one turns the ordinary into the extraordinary. I highly recommend the avocado as one of the toppings. Take note of the thin sliced bacon. It's conducive to a crispier bacon wrapping.
- Ready In:
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices extra thin smoked bacon
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese monterey jack cheese or 2 ounces colby cheese, cut into four thin strips
- 4 hot dog buns
- sour cream
- avocado, chopped
- hot salsa or mild salsa
- pico de gallo
- canned jalapeno slices (or fresh)
- onion, chopped
- cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- With the tip of a small, sharp knife, make a slit along each hot dog’s entire length, cutting down about two-thirds of the way through its diameter. Evenly place the cheese strips inside the slit in each hot dog.
- Wrap the bacon in a spiral around each hot dog, then secure the bacon with a toothpick on each side.
- Place the hot dogs on the grill and cook, turning once, until the bacon is crisp, about 5 - 8 minutes.
- When the hot dogs are done, remove the toothpicks and place each hot dog into a bun.
- Garnish with toppings of choice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION