Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandmother gave me this recipe. I made it for my husbands family get together. Ever since then I have been asked to make this every time we have a family reunion or holiday.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream 2 sticks of butter.
- Add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, 2 cups all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons vanilla extract, and 1 1/3 cups of chopped pecans.
- Roll into a ball or lengthwise about the size of a finger.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet in preheated oven for 20-25 minute.
- Cool for 1 minute then roll in powdered sugar.
I liked the cookie. Easy to make. Mine were a little crumbly when I tried to roll in sugar, so I opted to drizzle with chocolate. DH liked them.
I have used this recipe for years. It was given to me by my mother-in-law not long after my hubby and I were married. They are a great "project" cookie for kids to work on at Christmas or Thanksgiving. My kids wouldn't think of having either holiday without them.
I baked these this morning with a group of women cooking together for a social function coming up in a few weeks. I decided not to roll them in sugar, but instead dipped them in melted chocolate. The cookies all by themselves are a standout, for those who love pecans these are sure to become a favorite. I especially loved the smooth texture, which I'm guessing is due to the powdered sugar instead of using granular sugar. Excellent cookie, Michole22333! I'll be making this one again.