Recipe by Panda Rose
Saw this on TV and wanted somewhere to keep it until I tried it. Serve with basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 green chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 675 g chicken breasts
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 (400 ml) tin coconut milk
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 110 g cashew nuts
- 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onions and salt together gently until soft.
- Add the ginger, garlic chillies coriander, cumin and turmeric and cook for another minute.
- Cut the chicken into strips, bruise the cardamom pods and add to the pan.
- Stir in the coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lightly toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying pan. Add the sour cream and serve.