Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just the like cookies I grew up with. Fun the make with your kids.
Make and share this Nutter Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup Quaker Oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fine cookie crumbs (graham cracker, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and the sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add the egg, salt and peanut butter and beat until well blended.
- Put the oats in a blender or a food processor and grind away until they are almost as finely ground as flour.
- Add the oats and the flour to the mixture and blend well.
- Pinch out small portions of the dough and roll into 1 inch balls in the palm of your hand.
- Press these flat on an ungreased cookie sheet so that they form 2 inch circles.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until light brown around the edges.
- While the cookies are baking, combine the filling ingredients in a small bowl.
- When the cookies have cooled down, use a butter knife to spread a thin layer of filling on the flat side of a cookie and then press another one on top.
- Repeat till all the cookies and the filling are use up.
WOW!! These cookies are great! I baked a batch while I was waiting for supper to be ready to put on and filled them after we ate. Just so fast and so tasty. Another Mirjam Dorn 5-Star winner! Thanks so much for sharing. Laudee C.
very good and fun to make. my brother said that these were way better than regular nutter butters. the only change i had was that i had to add a little milk to the filling to help the powdered sugar and p.b. incorporate. i'm going to make them again this weekend for my other brother's birthday. thanks.
Really tasty cookie. I also had to add milk to the filling in order to make a frosting-type consistency. I found the quickest way to flatten the cookies was to just put all of the rolled balls on the sheet and then use 2 fingers to flatten them. A very 5-star deserving cookie.