1/1 Photo of Nutter Butter Cookies
Just the like cookies I grew up with. Fun the make with your kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and the sugar with an electric mixer.
- 3Add the egg, salt and peanut butter and beat until well blended.
- 4Put the oats in a blender or a food processor and grind away until they are almost as finely ground as flour.
- 5Add the oats and the flour to the mixture and blend well.
- 6Pinch out small portions of the dough and roll into 1 inch balls in the palm of your hand.
- 7Press these flat on an ungreased cookie sheet so that they form 2 inch circles.
- 8Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until light brown around the edges.
- 9While the cookies are baking, combine the filling ingredients in a small bowl.
- 10When the cookies have cooled down, use a butter knife to spread a thin layer of filling on the flat side of a cookie and then press another one on top.
- 11Repeat till all the cookies and the filling are use up.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutter Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 85.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: