Recipe by vintagenovelty
I grabbed this recipe off a local magazine, edited it a little, and voila! It's really yummy.
Top Review by SweetsLady
WOW! These were awesome!! We love Nutella and this hit the spot. I used 3/4 c. butter and butter flavored shortening mix, strong brewed coffee, added 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp salt. I baked at 350 F for 25 minutes. Instead of swirling the nutella in, I frosted them with the whole jar. Oh, my! These were to die for! Super moist and delicious!
- 175 g unsalted butter, softened
- 118.29 ml unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 59.14 ml brewed coffee
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 59.14 ml cocoa powder
- 236.59 ml caster sugar
- 118.29 ml chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius Line a 9-inch square baking tin with parchment paper, with an extra 1cm on the sides.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate together over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth and combined; leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together.
- Whisk the eggs and coffee into the chocolate mixture. Add the flour mixture and sugar; stir well to combine.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Swirl the Nutella into the brownies and bake for around 25 minutes. You'll want these to be fudgy and a little under-cooked when removed from the oven, but when they cool and firm up they're really good!
- Alternatively, bake for 30 minutes for a cake-like texture.