Deep Chocolate Coffee Brownies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The Daily Green - Low fat, Low Cal .
- Ready In:
- 16 chocolate graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup dates, pitted, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8-inch by 11-inch by 1/2-inch baking dish.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers into crumbs (16 graham crackers will make about 2 cups crumbs). Transfer to a bowl then add the cocoa and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Beat with an electric mixer at high speed until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the instant coffee and vanilla.
- Gently fold in dates and chocolate chips. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake brownies for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting. Frost if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I did not see the need for all the sugar as the crakers, dates and chcolates are already very sweet. Then i relized i did not have eggs but i did it anyway, and followed the recipe as stated. This worked really well and i love them with wipped cream or vanilla icecream or even as a base for cheesecake. Thank you so much for sharing, i will make these a lot.Reply