Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A sweet confection guaranteed to make you a hit with your family!
- 2 cups butter (4 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil, extending over the edges.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat to boiling, stirring til sugar is dissolved. (Avoid splashing up onto sides of cooker). Clip candy thermometer to pan, making sure bulb is well covered but not touching bottom of pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, til thermometer reaches 290°F (soft-crack stage), about 15 minutes. The mixture will turn a golden brown.
- Remove thermometer. Pour into prepared pan; spread evenly. Cool 5 minutes til top is set.
- Sprinkle choc chips on top; let stand a couple minutes. Spread melted choc. gently and smoothly. Top with nuts, pressing into chocolate. Cool several hours til set. (If needed, may be chilled in fridge to hurry things along).
- Holding foil, lift candy out of pan. Break into pieces. To store, layer candy in an airtight container, between sheets of waxed paper.