4-Ingredient Chocolate Nut Toffee
- Ready In:
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Stir in the sugar.
- Stir constantly until the toffee mixture turns a lovely caramel color. (You don't necessarily need a candy thermometer, but if you want to use one, the mixture is at around 280-300°F at this point).
- You can add the nuts now, or wait and sprinkle them on top of the chocolate.
- Carefully pour the hot toffee onto a large cookie sheet (a rimmed cookie sheet or you'll coat your counter with hot toffee) that's been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- After a few minutes, when the toffee begins to set up but is still hot, sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Once melted, spread out the chocolate to evenly coat the toffee. If you didn't already mix in the nuts, sprinkle them on top of the still warm chocolate -- or mix the nuts in AND sprinkle them on top, knock yourself out.
- Once the toffee is completely cooled, you can break it up into bite size pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!