Recipe by CoffeeB
The recipe can also be found on the FoodNetwork site. That's where I got it from after watching Tyler Florence make these. FABULOUS!!!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Great tasting brittle, this! The recipe didn't ask for it, but I did use salted pistachios as well, & the combo of salt & sweet was wonderful! Definitely on my to-make-again list! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Put nuts, sugar, butter, cornsyrup and honey in saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly w/a wooded spoon until it becomes a nice walnut color and thickens about 10-12 minutes.
- Quickly pour onto a foil lined baking sheet and spread the brittle to an even thickness, about 1/3 inch w/the back of the spoon.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes, then score w/a sharp knife into about 24 2-inch squares.
- Once the brittle has cooled completely, snap along the scored marks.