Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 5 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 cup m.s.g. or 1⁄2 cup Accent seasoning
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup canned milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- Mix well loaf ingredients and shape into 1 or 2 loaves.
- Bake on broiler pan or cake rack on cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours and cool.
- Slice very thin and warm before using (heat in frypan). This can also be frozen and used any time. Method: Run water over Lebanese bread and fry in pan with a little oil.
- Spread with sauce and add meat, finely chopped onion, chopped tomato and lettuce.
I miss Donair sauce. Ever since I moved to ONtario from Nova Scotia, I have been craving donair sauce. Thanks for the recipe! WHat I wouldn't do for a donair......
This is almost exactly the recipe my family has made for years and we love it.
This is a marvelous receipe!!!