Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for St. Patrick's day. Easier if you make ahead to provide time for them to firm up before slicing.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup green chili salsa (Herdez brand preferred)
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped (drained)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (optional, but preferred)
- 4 -6 spinach tortillas (large burrito size)
- Combine all ingredients except tortillas. Stir well to blend.
- Spread a thin layer on one side of each tortilla. Roll up jelly roll style.
- Wrap in plastic wrap individually and chill. I have made up to two days ahead and still have great results.
- Remove from wrap and slice into approximately 3/4 to 1 inch slices. The end slices are usually not so pretty so these can be a chef's treat.
- If you like things a little spicier you can add jalapenos into the mix.
Very easy recipe, but the green chilies and green salsa didn't mesh well with the cream cheese and the spinach tortilla. The freshness of the cilantro and green onion was a nice touch, but unfortunately, these bombed as a St. Patty's day appetizer despite the green look.
This is just delish! I added green jalapenos in place of chilies and they have just the right amount of zing for our taste, otherwise I made exactly as stated and chilled for one hour. I will definitely make these again, just the sheer convenience of being able to make well ahead is a great motivator, and of course, the flavour is great as well. Made for Photo Tag