Linda's Green Eggs and Ham Appetizers
These are GREAT around the holidays to bring, especially to a Halloween, Christmas, Easter or St. Patrick's Day Party!!! Cooking time is time it takes to make your hard boiled eggs.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, cut in half, cooled, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, plus
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise (I use Cain's)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, plus
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard (I use French's)
- 1⁄4 cup cooked country ham, finely chopped (I use left over smoked shoulder)
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons green peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 tablespoons carrots, finely chopped (optional)
- onion, finely chopped, to taste (optional)
- Pour the green food coloring in a bowl and gently roll the egg white halves in it. Your fingers will turn very green unless you use surgical gloves.
- Place the whites, hollow side down on a cake rack over a plate or tray to allow to drip-dry.
- While whites dry, mix the thoroughly mashed yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, and finely chopped ham.
- Season with pepper to taste. No salt is needed as ham is salty.
- Add green pepper, carrots, or onion, if using, and mix well.
- Before filling the whites, gently dab the green egg halves with paper towels to remove excess food coloring.
- When filled place in egg tray or a dish, cover with saran wrap, and chill until serving time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION