Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
OJ, sherry, soy sauce and not a HOT in sight. From an old 50s cookbook.
Make and share this Not a Hot Wing recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder, wings (to taste)
- Roll wing sections in melted butter. Place them on a jelly roll pan. Line pan with foil if desired for easier clean up. Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- After 30 minutes, pour sauce over wings. Bake one hour longer, turning the wings every 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Very good recipe. What you might get at a chinese place. Just a note .... I did cut the soy down to 1/4 cup and used a whole teaspoon of garlic powder. I also split the sugar between white and brown (1/4 C. of each). Will be making these MANY more times!! Thanks for posting.
These were great! I used cooking wine and brown sugar, then I sliced up a clove of garlic and tossed it in. Excellent recipe, wings were gooey and sticky mmmmmm.
WOW Great wings! My DH couldn't stop raving over them. My sauce was on the runny side since I used non-stick foil, next time I'll use regular foil for a thicker sauce. Thanks Phil-