Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great cake to have with a cup of coffee or tea. Lingonberries are easy to find in Los Angeles, they sell them at IKEA and at most supermarkets. If you can't find them, you can use raspberry preserves. From grouprecipes.com
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup lingonberry preserves
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, cardamom and baking powder together well.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or with two knives.
- Beat the egg. Add into flour mixture and mix well.
- Spread the batter into a greased and floured 8x11 pan.
- Spread lingonberry preserves over batter.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over lingonberry preserves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan before serving.
Yum! Lingonberries taste somewhat tart to me, so the sweetness of the topping was the perfect complement. I would classify this recipe more as a bar cookie. The base is pressed into the pan, much like a shortbread crust. It's a great recipe and we loved it. Thank you! Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9
Excellent. I love the flavor of the cardamom in the batter and it was perfectly paired with the lingonberry preserves. The texture of the cake was a bit different (in a good way!) and I think it would also be good with a cinnamon streusel topping. It was quite easy to throw together and can be a "go to" favorite when company drops by unexpectedly. It says to eat it when cool, but we gave it maybe five minutes in the pan and ate it warm. Yum! Made for team Gourmet Goddesses, ZWT9.
Loved it. I'm not much of a baker, so hit panic mode when ready to spread the 'batter' in the pan. It didn't seem to be a batter to me - it was more of a crumbly mixture. But it turned out great. My grandson had some friends over at the time and they tried it and loved it. In fact, when they got home, they called to get the recipe. Thanks Pesto lover for a nice keeper. Made for ZWT9.