Recipe by Pesto lover
Another great cake to have with a cup of coffee or tea. Lingonberries are easy to find in Los Angeles, they sell them at IKEA and at most supermarkets. If you can't find them, you can use raspberry preserves. From grouprecipes.com
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Yum! Lingonberries taste somewhat tart to me, so the sweetness of the topping was the perfect complement. I would classify this recipe more as a bar cookie. The base is pressed into the pan, much like a shortbread crust. It's a great recipe and we loved it. Thank you! Made for the Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup lingonberry preserves
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, cardamom and baking powder together well.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or with two knives.
- Beat the egg. Add into flour mixture and mix well.
- Spread the batter into a greased and floured 8x11 pan.
- Spread lingonberry preserves over batter.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over lingonberry preserves.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in pan before serving.