Um Safia's Note:
This recipe is a for a traditional Algerian Chermoula made with liver. Kebda M'chermoula is very tasty and if you love liver then give this recipe a try. Very easy to make. Serve with basmati rice and a nice salad, mashed potato, fresh bread etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the liver in pieces approximately 1" long and 1/2" wide. In a large frying pan fry in the olive oil over a medium heat until browned on all sides. Reduce the heat a little and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 2Turn up the heat, add the cumin and garlic and lightly fry off.
- 3Liquidise the tomatoes and add to the pan, season well with salt and pepper. Add the water, mix well then cover and cook for approx 25 minutes on medium to high heat or until the sauce has thickened.
- 4Stir in half or the chopped coriander and sprinkle the rest on the top.
- 5Serve with basmati rice and salad, mashed potato or fresh bread etc.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North African (Algerian) Kebda M'chermoula - Lamb Liver!
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 741.9 mg
- Sodium 427.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 42.3 g