1/3 Photos of Norsk Apple Muffins
A classic Norwegian apple cake often served for afternoon coffee inspired this simple, moist and flavorful muffin. These are a real favorite around my house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 medium apple, cored,peeled,finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1Heat oven to 375°F Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Combine sugar and butter in large mixer bowl.
- 4Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- 5Stir in eggs and lemon peel.
- 6Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- 7Stir in flour mixture by hand just until moistened.
- 8Gently stir in apples.
- 9Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin pans.
- 10Sprinkle sugar and almonds evenly on top of each muffin.
- 11Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Let stand 5 minutes; remove from pans.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norsk Apple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 190.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g