Norma's Light and Lemony Griddle Cakes With Devonshire Cream
- For the Devonshire Cream:.
- In a small saucepan combine gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water.
- Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Heat and stir over medium heat until gelatin dissolves.
- In a chilled medium mixing bowl beat the whipping cream and the 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Do not overbeat.
- Combine cooled gelatin mixture and sour cream; mix well.
- Fold sour cream mixture into whipped cream.
- Chill for 30 to 45 minutes or until mixture thickens and will mound on a spoon.
- For the Light and Lemony Griddle Cakes:.
- In large bowl combine egg yolks, flour, cottage cheese, melted butter, sugar, salt and lemon zest and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Carefully fold egg whites into batter mixture.
- Cook on large griddle (prepared with cooking spray).
- Using ¼ cup measuring cup pour batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form and bottoms are lightly brown.
- Turn over and cook until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove and place on serving plates.
- Serve immediately with Devonshire Cream.
- *Optional: Garnish with fresh raspberries or blueberries and powdered sugar.*.