Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this one in the 1970's
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups milk
- 20 ounces spinach, frozen chopped and thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, shredded
- crouton (optional)
- Saute onions and garlic in oil.
- Add broth and heat to a boil.
- Add noodles and salt. Cook 6 minutes.
- Stir in milk, spinach and cheese. Cook till heated through. Do NOT boil.
- Top with paprika. Use croutons, if you want.