Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for a luncheon with a green salad and crusty rolls. Easy and economical.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Saute onion in butter (use olive oil if you prefer) until soft.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk and mustard.
- Cook until thickened.
- Stir in cheeses, lemon juice and add cooked noodles.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Can't go wrong with this dish! It was comforting, delicious and easy to prepare! Loved the added touch of the lemon juice! Thanks Bergy! :)
I served this as a main dish and it was simple and good. Mine didn't turn out too creamy but it went really well with brocolli on the side. The onions are a nice touch.
I just finished eating this for lunch, and I must say it was delicious. It is nice and creamy, not dry at all. The Dijon adds a nice touch too! Thanks, Bergy, for such a good recipe.