- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter (use olive oil if you prefer) until soft.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk and mustard.
- Cook until thickened.
- Stir in cheeses, lemon juice and add cooked noodles.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.