Recipe by JenPo
My husband has been put on renal diet for his kidney problems. This is something he really likes because it doesn't taste like a substitute. Cook time varies with ice cream maker.
- 1 cup non-dairy coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint strawberry, washed and trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, vanilla, and creamer together until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor. (I don't liquify it completely because I like the raw bits of strawberry in the ice cream.).
- Combine all ingredients.
- Add to the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- (We have an electric ice cream maker with an insulated freezer bowl. Other styles may require extra steps.).