Dairy Free Peach Ice Cream
This "ice cream" replacer is much healthier for you than regular ice cream. No saturated fat or cholesterol, and low in calories. I found this recipe in Vegetarian Times. Time doesn't include the 4 hours to freeze peaches if using fresh peaches, and it does not include time to freeze the "ice cream" after blending if you choose to do so.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups fresh peaches or 1 lb frozen peaches, sliced
- 1 cup light vanilla soymilk
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- If using fresh peaches, spread slices in baking dish, and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Place peaches and remaining ingredients in food processor, and blend until smooth. Serve immediately or freeze up to 30 minutes first for firmer texture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this ice cream using fresh peaches and it came out wonderfully. I put the ice cream in the freezer overnight and it came out with a smooth and creamy consistency. The only change I'll make next time is to use only half of the brown sugar because I think that will bring out the flavor of the peaches even more. Thanks for posting this delicious and low-cholesterol recipe!1Reply