Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother has been making this incredibly easy mousse for years as a Passover dessert, but I like it year round! She makes chocolate cups, fills them with the mousse and tops them with berries - better than sponge cake any day in my book...
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and melted chocolate and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat for 3 minutes until smooth and thick.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Problem is the margarine. Very high in trans fat. I would use coconut oil. More expensive but better for your health.
I made this 2 hours ago, it is splendid! Silky and creamy and yet pretty light! I put some granulated sea salt , just 2 twists , it made all the diffrence. Oh, I also left out the sugar and the mousse is still sweet enough. Good and easy recipe !