Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe for non-alcoholic Sangria in an old Ladies' Home Journal magazine. It is a great refreshing fruit drink to serve for a back yard barbecue or a Tex-Mex Southwest dinner.
- 946.36 ml cranberry-grape juice
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 pear, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 709.77 ml carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- In a large pitcher, combine cranberry-grape juice, orange juice, fresh lemon juice, diced pear, and diced apple.
- Refrigerate for a least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the lemon-lime soda and some ice.
This was a massive hit at a recent party for those who couldn't drink (those who were driving). I used Fanta lemon at the end - people have asked for the recipe cos they loved it so much.
This was refreshing on the sunshine filled days we are lucky enough to be having right now.... I chose to make this for the Storybook Challenge of ZWT 5 because my kids really enjoy being able to have a pretty drink to sip out of a special glass, even though they are boys. =) It fit in with the story of Prince of the Birds because we could see a prince and princess enjoying this special drink on a date. =) The fruit makes for a pretty presentation. 7-up works well for the soda and we enjoyed this as a family. Thanks for sharing this with us.
I love cocktails, but was looking for a summery, non alcoholic one. This was delicious and all of my friends loved it. I was afraid it would be really sweet, but it was the perfect blend.