Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Noah's Ark was a landmark restaurant in St. Charles, Missouri. The restaurant was built in the shape of an ark and had lifesize animal statues inside and out. My mom worked at the Noah's Ark Hotel for years. Time marches on, the restaurant and hotel have both been closed for many years and finally the ark was torn down, for new construction. The good news is that the animals will continue to be a part of the new establishments that will be built.Enjoy the wonderful chowder.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can clams, drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans New England clam chowder
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- Sautee onion in butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add clams, soups, and half & half.
- Simmer 3 hours of put in a crock pot for 6 hours on low.
Been making this since my mom got it from the restaurant kitchen when we were kids. Super easy, super yummm.
As a child I remember eating at the famous Noah's Ark, and the giraffe swizzle sticks. My mom has made a version of this recipe for years, how ever yours seemed creamier, it was perfect! Super simple to make everyone loved it at our last family get together. Thanks for the memories.