1/1 Photo of No-Sugar-Needed Peach Jam
Nana Lee's Note:
Just imagine opening a jar of golden, sparkling peach jam in the middle of January with 2 ft of snow on the ground. UUUUMMMM good! Top your toasted bagel with cream cheese and this jam, and you will be in HEAVEN!!!!
My Private Note
1 cup j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1BRING boiling-water canner, half full with water, to a simmer.
- 2Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water.
- 3Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat.
- 4Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
- 5PEEL, pit and finely chop or grind peaches. Measure exactly 3 cups prepared peaches into 6- or 8-quart saucepot.
- 6Stir in water.
- 7Gradually add pectin, stirring until well blended.
- 8BRING mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Stir in SPLENDA® Granular.
- 11Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- 12LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads.
- 13Cover with 2-piece lids.
- 14Screw bands tightly.
- 15Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.).
- 16Cover; bring water to gentle boil.
- 17PROCESS 10 minutes.
- 18Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely.
- 19After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.).
- 20ADDED INFO 3/10/07.
- 21Great Substitute:
- 22Prepare as directed, substituting 1 thawed can (12 oz.) frozen white grape juice or apple juice concentrate for the 3/4 cup water.
- 23Makes about 4 (1-cup) jars or 64 servings, 1 tablespoons each.
- 24Nutrition Information Per Serving with White Grape Juice:
- 2520 calories,
- 264g carbohydrate,
- 274g sugars.
- 28Nutrition Information Per Serving with Apple Juice:
- 2915 calories,
- 303g carbohydrate,
- 313g sugars.
- 32Inversion Method:
- 33To use inversion instead of boiling water bath method, turn jars upside-down after bands have been screwed tightly.
- 34After 5 minutes, turn upright.
- 35Avoid improper lid seal by filling jars immediately with hot fruit mixture.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Sugar-Needed Peach Jam
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: