1/1 Photo of No-Sugar-Needed Peach Jam
Nana Lee's Note:
Just imagine opening a jar of golden, sparkling peach jam in the middle of January with 2 ft of snow on the ground. UUUUMMMM good! Top your toasted bagel with cream cheese and this jam, and you will be in HEAVEN!!!!
My Private Note
1 cup j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1BRING boiling-water canner, half full with water, to a simmer.
- 2Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water.
- 3Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat.
- 4Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
- 5PEEL, pit and finely chop or grind peaches. Measure exactly 3 cups prepared peaches into 6- or 8-quart saucepot.
- 6Stir in water.
- 7Gradually add pectin, stirring until well blended.
- 8BRING mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Stir in SPLENDA® Granular.
- 11Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- 12LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads.
- 13Cover with 2-piece lids.
- 14Screw bands tightly.
- 15Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.).
- 16Cover; bring water to gentle boil.
- 17PROCESS 10 minutes.
- 18Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely.
- 19After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.).
- 20ADDED INFO 3/10/07.
- 21Great Substitute:
- 22Prepare as directed, substituting 1 thawed can (12 oz.) frozen white grape juice or apple juice concentrate for the 3/4 cup water.
- 23Makes about 4 (1-cup) jars or 64 servings, 1 tablespoons each.
- 24Nutrition Information Per Serving with White Grape Juice:
- 2520 calories,
- 264g carbohydrate,
- 274g sugars.
- 28Nutrition Information Per Serving with Apple Juice:
- 2915 calories,
- 303g carbohydrate,
- 313g sugars.
- 32Inversion Method:
- 33To use inversion instead of boiling water bath method, turn jars upside-down after bands have been screwed tightly.
- 34After 5 minutes, turn upright.
- 35Avoid improper lid seal by filling jars immediately with hot fruit mixture.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Sugar-Needed Peach Jam
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: