Just imagine opening a jar of golden, sparkling peach jam in the middle of January with 2 ft of snow on the ground. UUUUMMMM good! Top your toasted bagel with cream cheese and this jam, and you will be in HEAVEN!!!!
- BRING boiling-water canner, half full with water, to a simmer.
- Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water.
- Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat.
- Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain jars well before filling.
- PEEL, pit and finely chop or grind peaches. Measure exactly 3 cups prepared peaches into 6- or 8-quart saucepot.
- Stir in water.
- Gradually add pectin, stirring until well blended.
- BRING mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in SPLENDA® Granular.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Cover with 2-piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly.
- Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.).
- Cover; bring water to gentle boil.
- PROCESS 10 minutes.
- Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely.
- After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.).
- ADDED INFO 3/10/07.
- Great Substitute:
- Prepare as directed, substituting 1 thawed can (12 oz.) frozen white grape juice or apple juice concentrate for the 3/4 cup water.
- Makes about 4 (1-cup) jars or 64 servings, 1 tablespoons each.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving with White Grape Juice:
- 20 calories,
- 4g carbohydrate,
- 4g sugars.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving with Apple Juice:
- 15 calories,
- 3g carbohydrate,
- 3g sugars.
- Inversion Method:
- To use inversion instead of boiling water bath method, turn jars upside-down after bands have been screwed tightly.
- After 5 minutes, turn upright.
- Avoid improper lid seal by filling jars immediately with hot fruit mixture.