Recipe by ColCadsMom
I searched for a cauliflower soup recipe with no potatoes, and didn't call for any of the soup to be pureed. Since I couldn't find one online or through the recipe request, I put some together and came up with this recipe. It is the perfect side to any sandwich. Toss in some cooked, cubed ham, and you have a wonderful main dish!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very nice flavor and texture; quite different and heartier than the pureed versions of creamy cauliflower soup. I used fresh cauliflower instead of frozen. I used fat free half and half and ff milk. The soup was still very thick and creamy. This will become one of my regulars! Thanx for sharing.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cauliflower according to package directions, drain and chop into small pieces.
- In a dutch oven, saute onions and carrots in oil until tender.
- Stir in cauliflower, corn, and parsley.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour. Gradually add milk and half and half. Cook, stirring continously until thickened. Do not allow to boil.
- Carefully stir thickened mixture into chicken broth and vegetables in Dutch oven.
- Add salt and pepper, then adjust seasonings to taste.