1/1 Photo of No Pasta Vegetable Lasagna
1 hr 30 mins
In '1,000 Lowfat Recipes' by Terry Blonder Golson; 144 calories, 4g fat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives (or scallions)
- 2 1/2 cups pasta sauce (store-bought jarred or homemade)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Slice the eggplants lengthwise into long, 1/4-inch strips.
- 3Use 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to season both sides.
- 4Place the strips on a nonstick or greased baking sheet; bake for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- 5You may also grill the vegetable strips.
- 6Decrease oven temperature to 350°.
- 7With a fork, mix together the ricotta, egg white, chives, and remaining salt and pepper.
- 8Spread 1 1/2 cups of the pasta sauce on the bottom of an oblong dish, about 13 x 9 inches.
- 9Then place a single layer of vegetables on top.
- 10Evenly spread half the ricotta mixture on top of the vegetables.
- 11Place another layer of vegetables on that, and the remaining ricotta, and top with the remaining vegetables.
- 12Cover with the remaining sauce, then evenly distribute the mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- 13Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- 14Remove the foil for the last 5-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Pasta Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 578.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat ricotta cheese
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese